Apparatus and Maintenance Facility for Brampton Fire and Emergency Services
City of Brampton
KNY Architects Inc.
Project Completion Date
Type of Contract
The A&M facility is a part one storey, part two storey building with a total gross floor area (GFA) of approximately 30,000 sq. ft. This facility consists of six (6) double depth apparatus repair bays, fabrication area, testing rooms, generator room, storage rooms, fitness room and various office/administrative spaces.
The scope of work also included the restoration and realignment of an existing watercourse that ran through the property in order to remove the proposed building from the Regional storm flood plain.
Fire Apparatus and Maintenance (A&M) Facility consisted of the following program components:
- Apparatus maintenance garage area consisting of six (6) double depth bays (approximately 14,400 sq. ft.). Three of the bays have vehicle lifts. Two of the bays are fully serviced with a 2 ton overhead crane. All six bays are equipped with a vehicle exhaust extraction system.
- Adjacent to the garage are support/storage areas including bulk oils/compressor room, hose room, tool crib, fabrication area and personal protective equipment (PPE) storage (approximately 2,400 sq. ft.).
- Office/administration areas include Division Chief office, Assistant Division Chief offices, emergency vehicle technicians (EVT) workstations, supply and equipment officer workstations, administrative assistant workstations, self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) testing room, resource room, training/boardroom, file storage and resource room (approximately 5,600 sq. ft.).
- Secured central storage area (approximately 5,900 sq. ft.).
- Employee amenity areas include male and female washroom/locker room, fitness room and lunchroom (approximately 1,700 sq. ft.).